Tuesday 7 October 2014

Some afternoon thoughts (Motivation con't)

Well, I have to say today was a much better day; at least so far. Had to get up "early", but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I realized again that once you get moving, mornings aren't too terrible. It did feel good to be up, dressed, and out the door by 9:30. Most mornings I'm still laying in bed half asleep at that time. This afternoon I've managed to get just about everything done on my to-do list. And the rest I will get to after a bit of a break. Today has been much better, and I've been less stressed since I'm not half asleep groaning about how much work I have to do. Attitude definitely effects how well you can work!! Also, not stressing too much helps. I'm trying to stop worrying so much about how much work I have to do, and just focus on one thing at a time. So instead of looking at my work list of 15 items, I just look "Math section 3.5" alright, go get that done. Come back and see "Science test 2" (ok so that one was not so nice to see), and I went and studied briefly, then did the test. Now I'm onto the homework part, and am feeling pretty happy about what I've gotten done. I'm also trying to start doing some lessons and work in the evenings. I get a 'second wind' about 8:00 P.M., and that lasts for awhile (last night till after 11, hence the late night blog post). So I might as well get something beneficial done instead of just staring at my Facebook or Pinterest! (Not that those are bad things, but it's not good to spend hours on them! *Rebecca listen to your own advice*) So, a couple nights ago I did a Bible lesson around 9:00. It was great having one less lesson to do the next day! I also try to do some math then as well. Last night I did a bit while watching TV. (Commercials are really boring, so that's a good time to get some work done! And it was a show about genius's so I thought it was fitting to do some math...) So if I can be getting Bible and math done in the evenings, that's an hour of work I don't have to do the next day. Really nice!! So, those are some tips for you. We all have a lot going on in our lives. Most of us are still students. Meaning schoolwork, chores, social events, family time, babysitting, maybe another job, it all takes time! Balancing your time can be difficult, but you can do it. Also remember that a schedule is really helpful, but you have to be willing to stick with it, and do what you need to. Scheduling time for that research project isn't going to help if you refuse to get it done. *listen to your own advice Rebecca* And trust me, it's easier to just get the work done, than to let it slide to the back burner. (advice from the girl who hasn't finished last years school yet)

So, this has been a session of afternoon thoughts from Rebecca. (I think this is probably healthier than late night thoughts from Rebecca...) Anyway, go get back to work. I know you have something you could be doing! (not that reading my blog isn't important ;) but you know what I mean) Enjoy the rest of your day!! :D

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! ya I just started with a chart with how long I am supposed to spend on each subject, which has not worked in the past but now is working really well. " so its 10:00 20 min of Bible" that way I know when to stop and when I need to keep going working well so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great Rowe!! Schedules have definitely not worked in the past! Like I said, you have to be willing to do the work for a schedule to work!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!